Monday, March 11, 2013

I Like Myself by Karen Beaumont and David Catrow


I Like Myself is a book about self-acceptance. Its racy rhyming-couplet text and loud, zany illustrations really is an ode to self-esteem written to encourage kids to appreciate their own special qualities. The central character, a little girl, really knows what is important in life. Illustrator, David Catrow's watercolour, ink and pencil illustrations add further humour to the funny verse. Even with her fuzzy, unruly hair and her stink breath, like her loyal dog, readers will love her. It's a very silly book that kids will love to have read to them  over and over again. I purchased this book for my grandson, Archie.

"Inside, outside, upside down,
from head to toe and all around,
I like it all! It all is me!
And me is all I want to be.

And I don't care in any way
what someone else may think or say"

No comments:

Post a Comment