Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindren

This book is a classic and is popular across the world. Eight-year-old Pippi Longstocking (Pippi Långstrump) is somewhat eccentric, knows her rights and has superhuman strength. For example, she can lift a horse without any trouble, and that's only with one hand! She isn’t always respectful of her elders and frequently mocks them, especially those adults who are condescending, unkind or just plain stupid. You know when she’s angry as she turns white around the nose. She never wants to grow up, in many ways she is like Peter Pan. This book has been made into many a movie and television series. You may wonder why the lip-synchronization is so bad in the clip below, it’s because it has been dubbed in English. As always, the original language, Swedish, is the best. There are three full length Pippi Longstocking books.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS BOOK! i read it when i was eight or nine and i really enjoed it, mine is a differnt version i think, it is wider and has a differbt picture, but over all it a FANTASTIC read!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved this book, I read it when I was eight and again when I was ten, I wish I had a copy so I could re-read it again! Pippy Longstocking was one of the best children's books I have ever read in my life, it's an awesome read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can borrow the copy from our little library; I mean you are only next door :)
    Mrs C

    ReplyDelete