Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Three Robbers by Tomi Ungerer


Do you like a dark and dastardly story? Want to scare your toddler? The three robbers in their large black capes will do just that, well initially at any rate. The threesome, toting a blunderbuss, a pepper-blower and a huge red axe, are out to reek havoc on their victims and to cash up as quickly as possible. One day, after much plundering,  they are confronted by little orphan, Tiffany on her way to live with her wicked aunt. Now strangely enough, the villains carry her away to their cave and upon her suggestion and without reservation, decide they can do a lot better with their loot. It is a rather ridiculous story but the beautiful silhouettes and artwork compel you to read this book and to appreciate it for this; the appalling plot is soon forgiven. I just love the awesome weapon, the pepper-blower!


2 comments:

  1. I'm 38 and also an educator. I absolutely loved this book when I was in primary school-if memory serves me correct, there was even a cartoon that accompanied this... Thanks for the post-great memories of my school days :)

    ReplyDelete