Monday, January 16, 2012

Just Tricking by Andy Griffiths

It's 8.15 a.m. and I'm still in bed. I should have got up an hour ago.
But I didn't. You wanna know why?
Because I'm dead.
Well, not not really dead. I'm just pretending I'm dead so I don't have to go to school.
If I convince Mum and Dad that I'm dead, not only will I have pulled off one of the greatest practical jokes of the century, but I'll get off going to school for the rest of the year. Maybe even the rest of my life.

Thus begins the first story in this book, typical Griffith's style. Andy Griffith's books greatly appeal to upper primary boys. Just Tricking is the first book in the Just Series and it contains ten short stories on the theme of tricks and practical jokes narrated by the main character, Andy. Now Andy believes he is the world's greatest practical joker, however, most of his jokes backfire on him making this a pretty funny read. Just Stupid and Just Disgusting are also available for borrowing from the Little Library of Rescued Books.
Check out the author talking about this series of books and his book called Just Macbeth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6UNvg7xbYs




No comments:

Post a Comment